Fire Extinguisher Servicing with Bomba License
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SERVICE YOUR EXTINGUISHER WITH FIRE FIGHTER?
1. Examine the extinguisher body externally for corrosion or damage that could impair the safe function of the extinguisher, in particular scrutinizing the plastic head cap (if fitted) for signs of UV degradation.
2. Remove the discharge hose and check that it is free from obstruction, cracks and damage. Pass air through the discharge hose checking for blockages.
3. Unscrew the head cap and open the extinguisher slowly and carefully.
4. Empty any powder remaining in the extinguisher body.
5. Remove the siphon tube from the head cap checking that it is free from obstruction and damage.
6. Inspect the internal bores of the head cap and spindle for corrosion and powder residue – thoroughly clean all surface. Replace a new O ring and reassembly with the spring and siphon tube into the head cap.
7. Fill the extinguisher with the correct volume of powder (based on the type of extinguisher).
8. Refit the head cap and tighten down firmly checking for alignment with operating labels and the hose holder.
9. Refit the safety pin/clip to the head cap and seal with a tamper indicator.
10. Place the extinguisher under water to check for any leakage.
11. Send to Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia for inspection and issuance for Bomba’ Certificate.
12. Barcode printed sticker to be issued from JBPM.