Nohmi NN100 - Fire Suppresion System
NN100 Fire Suppression System Key Features
- Zero ODP and Zero GWP - The NN100 system has zero ozone depletion potential and zero global warming potential, since it employes nitrogen gas, occupying 78% of the air, as the fire extinguishing agent.
- Not toxic to humans - The NN100 system employs no carbon dioxide and no halocarbon. There is no possibility of producing hydrofluorine, a toxic gas, even in contact with heat or flame.
- Low refill cost - The NN100 system requires neither synthetic nor blended gas as fire extinguishing agent. It requires only nitrogen gas commonly available for industrial use and refill poses no technical difficulties.
- Cylinder-valve regulated discharge pressure - The valve on nitrogen storage cylinder fitted with a pressure-regulating mechanism. The nitrogen gas is stored at 30Mpa in the cylinder and can be discharged constantly at 10.8Mpa or less at the cylinder outlet. This functionality allows the NN100 to utilize typical pressure rating pipes for existing systems, such as a CO2 gas fire suppression system. This mechanism has been patented in the USA.
- Clear view to exits - The discharge of nitrogen gas does not cause any problem with visibility necessary for occupants to access exits, since no condensation in the air takes place on the discharge of the agent.
- No residue after discharge - The NN100 system can be used to protect rooms containing precision instruments or fine arts, since there is no vaporization of the agent on discharge, and therefore no condensation in the air.
- Centralized cylinder station - The NN100 high pressure system can be designed to cover multiple zoned with a single cylinder station containing sufficient agent for the largest zone.
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- US Environment Protection Agency (US EPA)
- Fire Protection Equipment and Safety Center of Japan (FESC)
- ISO has adopted Nitrogen gas (IG-100) in ISO 14520
The NN100 system features it suitable for applications where valuable property is stored such as :
- Systems Operation & Control Rooms
- Computer Server Rooms
- Electrical Rooms