No Products in the Cart
What Happens To Your Fire Extinguisher When It's Being Serviced
What happens to your fire extinguishers
during the servicing process
Fire extinguisher inspection.
A comprehensive fire extinguisher inspection is conducted annually to ensure that fire extinguishers are in good working condition. Fire extinguisher maintenance and monitoring are covered under the certified fire specialist inspections.
This guide gives a quick rundown on the following inspection list:
- Examining the extinguisher body externally for corrosion or damage that could impair the safe function of the extinguisher, in particular scrutinizing the plastic head cap (if fitted) for signs of UV degradation.
- Removal of the discharge hose and check that it is free from obstruction, cracks, and damage. Passing air through the discharge hose checking for blockages.
- Unscrew the head cap and open the extinguisher slowly and carefully.
- Emptying any powder remaining in the extinguisher body.
- Removal of siphon tube from the head cap checking that it is free from obstruction and damage.
- Inspection of the internal bores of the head cap and spindle for corrosion and powder residue – thoroughly clean all surfaces. Replace a new O-ring and reassembly with the spring and siphon tube into the head cap.
- Filling the extinguisher with the correct volume of powder (based on the type of extinguisher).
- Refitting the head cap and tighten down firmly checking for alignment with operating labels and the hose holder.
- Refitting the safety pin/clip to the head cap and seal with a tamper indicator.
- Placing the extinguisher underwater to check for any leakage.
- Sent to Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia for inspection and issuance for Bomba’s certificate.
- Barcode printed sticker to be issued from JBPM.
Simply said, your fire extinguishers will be thoroughly inspected for any tampering during servicing. However, if you find any tampering or damages on your fire extinguisher, kindly call or book an appointment with our certified fire specialist to help rectify any problems. For peace of mind, you may want to consider a fire extinguisher cabinet or stands that provide more protection from harsh environments.